Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hearts of love


 

Recently my hubby had a special gift made for me. Made out of milk glass the gift was two hearts connected with each other, one being blue and the other pink with metal going around the edges. I can add ribbon and hang it in our van. The hearts are to remember our precious babies that we lost through miscarriage who are in heaven and also all the other children we've had in our home. I love that I will have that gift as a reminder of the children and my love for them no matter how long I knew them. I feel like it's a way of grieving that will help my heart to feel open to grieve in a positive way. I would encourage you that no matter what losses you may have had in your life to allow your heart to grieve. Man or woman, grieving is part of life. Tucking our hurts away doesn't make the pain leave. Even talking about our hurt doesn't make the pain leave completely, but it frees us in a way to continue to enjoy life and not be held down by our hurt. We can move on without guilt but always holding a special place in our hearts for those we love and cannot be with now. So I encourage you to honor your loved ones by allowing your heart to grieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment