Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Word of mouth





Lately we've been given many opportunities to share about fostering and adoption through people God places in our path. Recently my husband and I have had some health concerns and during our doctor visits had the opportunity to talk with our doctor about fostering and adoption. It was so encouraging to hear such a positive response from our doctor.

Another time I seen my surgeon about my upcoming surgery this Wednesday and during my office visit we spent probably half of our time discussing fostering and adoption also. Once again I was encouraged that my surgeon was so supportive of it. My husband and I have already talked about the opportunity God may give us to share with whatever people He puts in our path on Wednesday when I go for my surgery at the hospital. Not excited for surgery but excited though for the possible opportunity to bring more awareness about fostering and adoption. This surgery has got us thinking about why we go through things in life. For instance why am I having this surgery? One reason could simply be because my body needs it or could it be that by me going through this surgery it will give me an opportunity to glorify the Lord? Could be both! Don't get me wrong we're not questioning God and we are thankful for the technology and wisdom God has given man to perform these surgeries with little risks involved. It does get us thinking though that this is not all about us and that if it means going through a surgery or going to several doctor appointments for the opportunity to bring awareness about fostering and adoption and possibly allow some child or children to receive their forever home, than it is well worth it.

This past weekend we were blessed to have an awesome family over for dinner and great conversation. It was a joy as our families got to share about fostering and adoption and encourage one another while our children had fun laughing and playing together.

Another blessing as of late has been the opportunity I have been given to meet with a group of adoptive moms and share, talk, laugh and encourage one another on in our ministry. We all are different ages with different stories but we have a common thread with our passion for the, “the least of these.” It's like a dose of medicine being with these ladies and feeling renewed and encouraged to keep on keeping on.

So wherever God has you right now in your life take the opportunity to look for ways that you can glorify Him in your everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment