Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to your home from ours.
We pray you have a blessed day with family and friends and choose an attitude of gratefulness even if everything in your life may not exactly be going the way you would like right now.
I say that because that is what I am trying to do, not because I have perfected that attitude.
Last week an event unfolded very quickly in our families lives that changed things forever. We had a very short time to say goodbye to someone very dear to us. Someone we had invested our lives into for over a year. Someone that will always hold a special place in our hearts.
Even now as our hearts are still hurting, we're trying to move forward and get used to our "new normal," whatever exactly that is. As we move forward, at times we'll find ourselves smiling and laughing again and then out of the blue our hurt hits us like a brick and we're reminded yet again that we live in a fallen world. I find the older I get that heaven seems so much sweeter to me than it did as a child. Knowing my Savior is there and loved ones that have gone on before me. I think of part of a song that says, "what a day that will be, when my Savior I shall see. When I look upon His face, the One who saved me by His grace. When he turns and takes my hand and leads me through the promised land, what a day, glorious day that will be." Until then I am trying to choose an attitude of thanksgiving even when life does not go the way I would choose. I am reminded in Isaiah 55:8, "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways," declares the Lord.
I encourage you and your home to choose an attitude of Thanksgiving today and know how much the Lord truly does loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment